List: Roads closed, schools delayed due to flooding
Posted November 13, 2018 6:31 a.m. EST
Updated November 13, 2018 9:23 a.m. EST
Raleigh, N.C. — Downed trees, weather-related crashes and impassable roads were reported Tuesday following steady, heavy overnight rain.
Major road closures in Wake County include:
- Capital Boulevard at Peace Street
- Atlantic Avenue at Hodges
- NC-50 south of Norwood
- NC-97 at US-264
- Piney Grove Wilbon Road at Spence Farm Road
- Creedmoor Road at Mattlyn Court
- Mangum Dairy Road between Kimi Road and Brayer Path Road
Major road closures in Durham County include:
- Left lanes in both directions on I-40 flooded near Exit 274 for NC-751
- Snow Hill Road between Toredge Road and Infinity Road
- Moores Mill Road at the Person County line
- Old Oxford Road between Cassum Road and Lake Michie Dam Road
- Scott King Road at Grandale Drive
Major road closures in Orange County:
- S. Estes Drive at Fordham Boulevard
Durham, Person schools delayed
Durham and Chapel Hill were most affected by isolated flooding on roads.
As a result, schools in Durham and Person counties made the decision to operate on a two-hour delay Tuesday.