Lightning sparks fire at Fayetteville apartments
Posted September 2, 2012 8:46 a.m. EDT
Fayetteville, N.C. — A fire that damaged eight Fayetteville apartments Saturday appears to have been started by a lightning strike, investigators said.
Eleven residents of Woodland Village, near Raeford and Old Raeford roads in west Fayetteville, were getting aid from the Red Cross after the fire damaged the attic above their homes.
Firefighters were called to 4040 Bardstown Court Saturday just before 5 p.m. to find smoke billowing out of the building. It took them about 30 minutes to bring the fire under control.
No residents of the building were injured. One firefighter was treated after being overcome by the heat.