Asheville, N.C. Mountains Score Big in Magazine Poll
Posted January 3, 2007 2:35 p.m. EST
In the magazine's annual Readers' Choice Awards survey, North Carolina garnered eight awards from readers and one nod from Southern Living travel editors in categories from resort hotels to barbecue restaurants to scenic drives.
Here are the North Carolina winners and their categories:
- The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa in Asheville, Resort Hotels
- Angus Barn in Raleigh, Splurge Restaurants
- Asheville and Blowing Rock, Mountain Destinations
- Lexington Barbecue in Lexington, Barbecue Restaurant
- Charlotte, Shopping (Editor's pick)
- Blue Ridge Parkway, Scenic Drive
- Biltmore Estate in Asheville, Public Gardens
- The Red Rocker Inn in Black Mountain, Country Inns
Voting for the 13th annual awards, which will be announced next year will begin in the coming weeks and continue through Sept. 15.