My weird world
Posted March 21, 2011 10:18 a.m. EDT
Updated March 22, 2011 9:52 a.m. EDT
What was I thinking? Well, I guess I wasn’t. I promised to unveil my five strange habits on Friday but talked about love stories instead on this Carolina Conversations blog. My wife called me out on this oversight and I apologize. So here we go. My five weird personal habits:
(1) I end each morning shower with 30 seconds of cold water to wake me up and yes, even in the dead of winter.
(2) On the way to work I recite a 3 minute tongue twister I have crafted over the years from words and phrases that give me trouble.
(3) I use a personal fan under the anchor desk to keep me cool while I’m delivering the news.
(4) I like to sleep in a soft old pair of jeans when it’s really cold outside.
(5) I sleep with my legs crossed and knees elevated.
There you have it – the weird world of William A. Leslie III.
By the way, say this really fast: “Red leather. Yellow leather. Red leather. Yellow leather. Lips. Teeth. Tip of the tongue. Peanut butter and jelly. Mild-mannered meteorologist Mike Maze and a marvelous Monday forecast.”