NC Visitor's Guide
Posted March 15, 2011 9:13 a.m. EDT
This is pretty impressive. North Carolina is the 6th most visited state in the country. That’s according to a recent report by the US Travel Association.
Let’s carve out a top ten list of places visitors must see when they come to North Carolina. Starting with the mountains and moving east I’ll give you my list. Please give us your top ten.
1. Blue Ridge Parkway
2. Asheville – Biltmore House
3. Grandfather Mountain – Highland Games, etc.
4. Yadkin Valley – wine and swine (BBQ)
5. Charlotte – Panthers, Bobcats and Nascar Museum
6. Durham-Chapel Hill - UNC, Duke, Durham Bulls, American Tobacco District
7. Raleigh – Carolina Hurricanes, NCSU
8. Sandhills - golf, tennis and pottery
9. Outer Banks - Wright Brothers Memorial, Cape Hatteras Lighthouse, Oc racoke
10. Wilmington - historic district, Cape Fear River and USS North Carolina