Burrito Bill Belly Buster
Posted July 20, 2010 7:22 a.m. EDT
How do you lose those five vacation pounds? Would you care to help a guy who ate too many burritos during his vacation last month in New Mexico? We'll call it the Burrito Bill Belly Buster.
I asked trainer and registered dietitian Tara Wind of Lifetime Fitness for some help in shedding those vacation pounds. Here's what Tara had to say:
1. Taper back your portion size to normal.
2. Stop splurging - vacation is over! You have to tell yourself that!
3. Return to a normal eating schedule - have regularly spaced meals and snacks.
4. Don't eat out much (too many calories and fat). Opt instead to cooking at home - save money and eat healthier!
5. Strive for consistency in workouts. Don't worry about quality - just get back in the habit of working out.
6. Get out early in the morning before it's hot or go to the gym for some AC in the later day or evening.
7. Swim laps at the pool!
Thanks, Tara and I look forward to your recommendations.