Things That Make Me Laugh
Posted February 9, 2010 9:22 a.m. EST
Updated February 9, 2010 10:38 a.m. EST
What are some of the things that have made you laugh in recent days? I think we could all use a little more levity in our lives. Here’s my list of people, pets and events that have tickled my funny bone:
1. The woman at church who went on and on about how much she enjoyed our snow coverage on WRAL while she was getting ready for a colonoscopy.
2. The Cary woman in her green convertible driving around with the top down in 30 degree temperatures and a license tag which read: Single-4-ever
3. Famous Bob Inskeep – the former radio star who now preaches with the same humor, wisdom and passion he brought to the airwaves.
4. Watching my dog Rufus discover the magic and mischief of wind chimes on our back porch.
5. Having to buy a white noise machine for Rufus to keep him from waking up with me at 2:30AM and demanding that I take him to work.
6. Rediscovering the humor of The Gong Show with the help of Brian Shrader.
7. My good friend Mike Boyd who always has something funny to say or show.
Tomorrow we will announce the winner of The Oldest Thing in Your Closet contest.