Holiday Weight Challenge
Posted January 4, 2010 8:53 a.m. EST
Dozens of you accepted the challenge in November to maintain your normal weight over the holidays. Well. how did you do?
If your weigh-in number this week was within two pounds of your normal weight and you signed up for the challenge then you are eligible for a series of prizes. They include a month's worth of personal training with Tara Wind at Lifetime Fitness, all of my CDs, my book Blue Ridge Reunion and a few other prizes.
We will put all of the eligible names in a hat tomorrow and pick a winner. So if you did well on the weight challenge please let us know.
I didn't do as well as I wanted over the holidays so I'm ready to get back on track with the help of Tara Wind's Top Ten Diet Resolutions for 2010. Here they are:
1. I will let go of all faulty nutritional knowledge learned up until now including but not limited to: carbs will make me fat, fat free and sugar free means I can eat as much as I want. . .
2. I will put down the fork!
I will carefully watch my portions.
3. I will be a more knowledge consumer and will educate myself not only on the nutrition facts panel of nutrition labels but will read the ingredients as well!
4. I will eat real food.
No more meal replacements, fortified, processed foods.
5. I will supplement my diet with a multivitamin and omega 3.
Even if I think I eat healthy.
6. I will be more informed when eating out and know about all the hidden fat and calories in my dish.
7. I will not adhere to any fad diet or quick fix.
8. I will enjoy moderation.
If I want something bad enough I will have it but not make it a habit.
9. I will have more meat free meals.
I don't have to be a vegetarian but will try more meals using beans and maybe even try tofu.
10. I will not skip meals. We all know that is disastrous!