November name quiz
Posted November 4, 2009 11:46 a.m. EST
Updated November 4, 2009 1:25 p.m. EST
How good are you on North Carolina history? November has been a very newsworthy month for the Old North State. Here are ten questions for those bold enough to try.
(1) Name the Hertford County native who received a patent on a revolving six-barrel machine gun on this day in 1862.
(2) Name the Guilford County lawyer who on November 5, 1968, became the first black in modern history to win a seat in the NC House.
(3) Name the Johnston County beauty who married Frank Sinatra in November of 1951.
(4) Name the new Republican governor voted in on the coattails of Richard Nixon in November of 1972.
(5) Name the NC sharecropper’s child who was elected Philadelphia’s first black mayor on November 8, 1983.
(6) Name the first NC governor to take advantage of gubernatorial succession approved by Tar Heel voters on November of 1977.
(7) Name the famous aviator who landed her autogiro in Charlotte on November 10, 1931
(8) Name the comic monologue released on November 1953 that launched Andy Griffith’s career?
(9) Name the famous preacher who appeared on the cover of Time Magazine on November 15, 1993.
(10) Name the NC group that had the number one hit song “Stay” the week of November 21, 1960.