3 Things You Didn't Know - Part 2
Posted August 19, 2009 10:37 a.m. EDT
Updated August 20, 2009 11:08 a.m. EDT
Thank you for your tremendous response to the first edition of Three Things You Didn’t Know last week. I profiled a trio of my WRAL colleagues and disclosed three things about them that you probably didn’t know.
This week the spotlight falls on three more of my newsroom partners. We’ll begin with Kelcey Carlson who co-anchors WRAL’s Morning News and Fox 50 News in the mornings. We will also reveal three intriguing qualities about WRAL morning meteorologist Elizabeth Gardner. Veteran anchor Pam Saulsby recently joined WRAL’s Noon News and it is also a pleasure to unveil three things you didn’t know about Pam.
Who would you like me to profile next week? Just let me know.
Three Things You Didn’t Know About WRAL’s Kelcey Carlson
(1) Has held a job since age 13 when she detasseled corn in Indiana.
(2) Voted WRAL TV Employee of the Year in 2008.
(3) Has finished more than a dozen marathons with 3:06 as her best time.
Three Things You Didn’t Know About WRAL’s Elizabeth Gardner
(1) One of only 50 women to earn Certified Broadcast Meteorologist seal from American Meteorological Society.
(2) Related to one of NC’s greatest governors – O. Max Gardner.
(3) Once hitchhiked to her job at a Lake Tahoe ski resort.
Three Things You Didn’t Know About WRAL’s Pam Saulsby
(1) A self-proclaimed “helicopter mom” who calls her 24 year old daughter several times each day.
(2) A self-proclaimed “neat freak” with the tidiest desk in the WRAL newsroom.
(3) Enjoys island vacations in solitude.
P.S. We already knew Pam was a great singer!