3 Things You Didn't Know
Posted August 13, 2009 9:00 a.m. EDT
Today we will start a new series called Three Things You Didn't Know. We will profile three people in the public eye and disclose three things you probably didn't know about them.
We'll pick on three of my morning colleagues this week: Renee Chou, Mike Moss and Brian Shrader. Renee and Mike are filling in this week for Kelcey Carlson and Elizabeth Gardner on WRAL's Morning News.
Please let me know three more people you would like to know more about and I will get their answers. In addition, feel free to offer up three unusual things about yourself.
Renee and Brian have something in common. Both were so smart they skipped kindergarten. Here are some other nuggets:
Three Things You Didn't Know about WRAL's Brian Shrader
1. Southerner who never ate grits until this year.
2. A board game geek.
3. Writes songs, plays the piano and has his own music publishing license.
Three Things You Didn't Know about WRAL's Renee Chou
1. High school student body president with campaign slogan" "Chou up the competition!"
2. Taught Chinese dance in high school and college.
3. Outstanding tennis player.
Three Things You Didn't Know about WRAL's Mike Moss
1. Played center for Northern Nash High School's football team and was nicknamed "Moose.".
2. Plays guitar and likes folk music.
3. Served as photographer for Penn State University student newspaper.