Posted March 5, 2008 8:22 a.m. EST
Updated March 5, 2008 8:52 a.m. EST
Well, are you ready to vote?
I reckon I’m as happy as a pig in a puddle. Ho Wee! Yes Sir! I’m grinning like a mule eatin’ briars after looking at all those great Southern expressions you offered up on our Carolina Conversations blog.
I can barely control my glee at this very moment. We’re fixin’ to give out a fine prize for the Southern saying that gets the most love.
Former WRAL personality Susan Dahlin Bashford and Karen Hall are looking for another expression to embellish their SweeTea apparel line. Susan and Karen will put the winning expression on their colorful tee shirts. Plus, the winner gets a shirt, a special photograph and bragging rights. Susan and Karen have agonized over their favorites so far. Please vote for one of the following:
1. Whatever melts your butter
2. I don't have a dog in that fight
3. Lightning has finally hit the outhouse
4. I ain't just whistling dixie
5. You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig
6. It's hot enough to make the devil sweat
7. Goodness gracious
8. Cute as a speckled pup
9. We're in the short rows now
10.What in tarnation!
11. He fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down
Well, don’t just sit there like a bump on a log! Vote!