World's Best Pumpkin Bread
Posted October 26, 2007 8:57 a.m. EDT
"It's the world's best pumpkin bread," said former WRAL staffer Katie Rose Tuttle. With an introduction like that I knew I had to try it. I did and I agreed.
Today, with the weather finally cooling off, and Halloween and Thanksgiving on the horizon I thought I would share Katie Rose's coveted recipe from her Grandma Poss.
Please feel free to give it a try and let our readers know how it went.
What are your favorite autumn recipes?
Grandma Poss’ Pumpkin Bread
2c all purpose flour
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp nutmeg
1 lb. Pumpkin (better to be more than less)
(1) Grease and flour bread pans and set aside.
(2) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
(3) Mix flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
(4) Mix butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time.
(5) Add pumpkin on low speed.
(6) Add dry ingredients ¼ cup at a time on low speed. Beat at medium speed until completely mixed, light & fluffy. On a humid or rainy day your batter will be slightly runny which is fine!
(7) Pour batter into pans, bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let sit for 20 minutes.
(8) Serve right away or wrap in aluminum foil and store in freezer. Great with vanilla ice cream.