You Know You're From NC If....
Posted June 13, 2007 7:23 a.m. EDT
What sets North Carolinians apart? Please weigh in on that question today.
Another way to put it is: You know you're from North Carolina if ___________.
Raleigh's Roger Wiggs gets us started with his own list. Please have some fun and add to it.
Here we go. You know you’re from NC if:
1. You give directions using KFC and Waffle House as landmarks.
2. You can't imagine life without sweet tea.
3. Your 'heavy winter clothing' consists of a sweater and a London Fog with lining.
4. You get your carbs from biscuits, rolls, pancakes, and grits.
5. You own at least one t-shirt from Burt’s Surf Shop and The Sanitary Fishmarket.
6. In summer you have home-grown tomatoes with every meal.
7. You can recognize a copperhead and your heart drops when you see one.
8. You have an opinion about UNC. You either went there and loved it or you hate everyone who did. And when you think of Duke, it’s mayonnaise.
9. You sold Krispy Kreme doughnuts for a school or church fundraiser before those glazed doughnuts went global.
10. You remember watching the ACC Tournament on television at school.
11. You know it's pronounced APPALACHIAN and not "App-a-lay-shun.”
12. You can spell words such as Ocracoke, Fuquay-Varina and Chocowinity.
13. You know that barbecue is a food and not an occasion and it applies to pork, not hotdogs or hamburgers.
14. You carry jumper cables in your car.
15. You have been skinny dipping.
16. One inch of snow closes school and shuts down the city.