Ten Great Things to Do This Weekend
Posted April 20, 2007 7:40 a.m. EDT
Updated April 20, 2007 12:48 p.m. EDT
Boredom is banned this weekend. There are just too many great things going on. I've compiled a list of 10 Great Things to Do. Feel free to add to it with your comments.
1. WRAL Gardens. Wow! You'll love the splash of spring colors this year.
2. Neuse River Festival at Anderson Point Park in Raleigh on Saturday. Canoe and kayak races. I'm trying to talk Elizabeth Gardner into going.
3. Sertoma Amphitheatre at Cary's Bond Park - Sunday concert - 3:00P.M. - free - Bill Leslie & Lorica. We promise a great show of original Celtic fusion-folk music and wonderful weather!
4. Hug a Fire Ant! The Fayetteville FireAntz will receive the SPHL championship trophy Saturday at 4:00P.M. at Crown Coliseum. Doors open at 3.
5. Pucker up! The International Whistler's Convention is some great downhome fun in Louisburg all weekend.
6. Durham Earth Day Festival is this weekend on Foster and Hunt Streets. Always colorful and lots of fun.
7. This is Spring Herb Weekend at the State Farmer's Market in Raleigh with many herbal products on sale.
8. If you can't wait to Merlefest check out the Yadkinville Bluegrass Contest and Fiddler's Convention northwest of Winston-Salem.
9. The Festival of Flowers continues in Asheville. You can also hike a mountain trail and enjoy beautiful wildflowers.
10. Special Olympic airplane pull at RDU International on Saturday at 10:00A.M. 62 five person teams will see who can pull a 40,000 lb. jet the fastest.