Looking to get into the holiday spirit? Well, here is my top ten Tar Heel travel destinations. You will see some snow. You will also find a warm place by the hearth. You will smell fragrant foods cooking in the kitchen. You will hear the lingering laughter of new friends. You will go back to a simpler time across the Tar Heel landscape. You will tour the countryside but also the heart of the city.
1. Raleigh's Historic Oakwood: romantic Victorian neighborhood.
2. Tryon Palace: beautiful colonial era decorations.
3. Sparta: Christmas trees galore.
4. Pinehurst: charming village with thousands of twinkling lights.
5. Blowing Rock: gorgeous stone architecture takes on special Christmas glow.
6. Manteo: Shallowbag Bay comes alive with holiday lights.
7. Edenton: historic waterfront town is stunningly beautiful
8. Asheville: Biltmore House and Grove Park Inn.
9. Old Salem: Sacred simplicity of Moravians is beautifully preserved.
10. Morganton: Christmas Eve service at Grace Episcopal Church