Animal Planet Expo Comes to Cary
Posted May 22, 2007 4:13 p.m. EDT
ANIMAL PLANET EXPO rolls into Cary on June 2 and 3 from 10 AM to 4 PM at SAS Soccer Park, 201 Soccer Park Drive, Cary, North Carolina. Animal Planet and Time Warner Cable, plus national sponsor The makers of Fresh Step® litter invite Cary-area residents to bring their families -- and even their “fur” children -- to the event to celebrate the wonder of wildlife, the companionship of pets and the important role animals play on this planet.
Year after year, ANIMAL PLANET EXPO captivates and delights visitors, featuring a feast for the eyes, ears and tails with high-flying Frisbee dog shows, interactive trivia games, and awe-inspiring live animal presentations. This year, ANIMAL PLANET EXPO truly goes BIG with a brand-new 16’x19’ LCD video screen at the new and impressive R.O.A.R. Stage (Reach Out. Act. Respond), tuning all event attendees in to the happenings at every corner of EXPO. Frisbee dog show times are 11 AM, 12:30 PM, 2 PM and 3:30 PM, and the R.O.A.R. Stage live animal presentations of the wilder kind, including exotic animals like pythons, alligators, kinkajous and lemurs, will take place at 10:30 AM, 11:30 AM, 1 PM and 2:30 PM. In addition, trivia contests times are noon, 1:30 PM and 3 PM.
An all new component of ANIMAL PLANET EXPO this year is R.O.A.R., Animal Planet’s nonprofit animal advocacy partnership with leading animal organizations that encourages people to Reach Out, Act, and Respond in helping to make the world a better place for animals. This summer, R.O.A.R. invites ANIMAL PLANET EXPO attendees to take that first step in becoming a voice for animals by making a R.O.A.R. Promise on-site. Promises can be as simple as taking the family pet for a daily walk, spreading the word about conservation, or supporting a favorite wildlife foundation.
Returning with ANIMAL PLANET EXPO is the action-packed Discovery Kids’ Endurance Experience, a hands-on adventure that lets kids experience the mental and physical competition of Discovery Kids Channel’s wildly popular series ENDURANCE: HIGH SIERRAS. In Discovery Kids’ Endurance Experience, kids can compete in a number of activities that simulate the grueling physical challenges and tests of wit as seen on ENDURANCE, including a timed “hanging” challenge and a gargantuan climbing wall.
Visitors to ANIMAL PLANET EXPO also have the opportunity to experience firsthand the clarity of high-definition programming in the Discovery HD Theater Dome. Visitors will be treated to breathtaking programming from Discovery HD Theater, such as PLANET EARTH and DISCOVERY ATLAS HD. While taking in the visual feast, guests can fill out forms to enter for a chance to win an HD television set.
This year, the makers of Fresh Step® litter are sponsoring the hugely popular Pet Den. The makers of Fresh Step® litter and Safe Haven for Cats will provide adoption opportunities and helpful information on how to find the perfect pet for your family. From 10 AM to noon both Saturday and Sunday, the makers of Fresh Step® litter will also host the “Ask the Vet” session, where pet owners can meet one-on-one with local veterinarian Dr. Betsy Pethick to ask pet-related questions. As part of ANIMAL PLANET EXPO, the makers of Fresh Step® litter and the ASPCA® (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) will make a $5,000 donation to Safe Haven for Cats.
Other activity pavilions to go wild for at ANIMAL PLANET EXPO include the following:
- Animal House – Get to know even more live animals, while animal experts introduce exotic species from around the world.
- Safari Snaps – Download the ultimate digital photo of you with a virtual version of Animal Planet’s Jeff Corwin and Terri and Bindi Irwin.
- Bug House – Find out what all the buzz is about. Discover the world of bugs and butterflies, and check out the new incredible farm of burrowing ants.
- Kids’ Zone – Kids can get their faces painted, try the “Happy Gator” obstacle course, test their legs on the new 18’ Spider Mountain climbing tower and play other fun games.
- Heroes of Animal Planet – Protect your pet just as the stars of ANIMAL PRECINCT do by creating your own personalized pet tag.
- Connection Zone – Kids play a panda-themed game for a prize, while adults view demonstrations and take advantage of special offers on the latest products from Time Warner Cable.
- Pet Misters and Watering Holes – Let your pets “chill out” and quench their thirst on a hot day.
Time Warner Cable will also be on-site to provide valuable information about their most innovative new products available to consumers.
For more information visit www.animalplanet.com and click on Animal Planet Events.