House fire displaces Holly Springs family
Posted January 8, 2010 10:00 p.m. EST
Updated January 9, 2010 6:00 p.m. EST
Holly Springs, N.C. — A house fire Friday evening displaced a Holly Springs family, authorities said.
The fire was reported around 8:30 p.m. at 221 West Ballentine St., dispatchers said. Three people were home when the fire started but got out safely. No injuries were reported.
Fire investigators said a 5-year-old boy playing with a lighter accidentally set a mattress in a bedroom on fire, sparking the blaze.
Authorities said the Red Cross is assisting the family with shelter and other needs.
No one was injured.