Local News

Hotel Evacuated After Curtain Catches Fire

Posted October 30, 2007 1:42 a.m. EDT
Updated October 30, 2007 6:00 a.m. EDT

— About 100 Morrisville hotel patrons were evacuated Monday night after a heater malfunctioned.

It happened just after 11 p.m. at the Days Inn at 1000 Airport Blvd.

Firefighters said a heater in a second-floor room melted the curtain, filling the room with smoke.

No one was injured. Hotel patrons were allowed back into their room a short time later.

Our commenting policy has changed. If you would like to comment, please share on social media using the icons below and comment there.