Local News

Homeowner injured in Johnston County fire

A homeowner was injured when a fire broke out at his house at 923 Glen Laurel Road, between Clayton and Wilsons Mills, Monday morning, authorities said.

Posted Updated
Switch to classic wral.com
Wilson Mills house fire_02
CLAYTON, N.C. — A homeowner was injured when a fire broke out at his house at 923 Glen Laurel Road, between Clayton and Wilsons Mills, Monday morning, authorities said.

The fire broke out shortly before 8:30 a.m. Footage taken by WRAL News' helicopter Sky 5 showed flames and dense, black smoke pouring from the roof of a light brown, two-story house.

Authorities at the scene said that homeowner was transported to a hospital. There was no word on the extent of his injuries or the cause of the fire.

A sign in the yard said the house was up for sale.

Image
1 / 2

 Credits

Stacey Cameron, Reporter
Jamie Munden, Photographer

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

ImageFeedback