Holiday Recipe: Aysu's no fuss pumpkin cake
Aysu shares her families favorite recipe for pumpkin cake. Check back here each day this week for more favorite holiday recipes from Go Ask Mom bloggers.Posted — Updated
No fuss pumpkin cake is by far one of my favorite recipes during the holidays! It's super easy to make. The kids love it, especially since they're not huge fans of pumpkin pie. It easily serves almost two dozen people and really doesn't take long to make! It's perfect for the busy mom.
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 15-ounce can of solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- 1 3-ounce package of cream cheese softened
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin pie spice; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat frosting and cream cheese until smooth; spread over cooled cake; store in refrigerator.