Hoke student charged with calling in school bomb threat
Posted March 28, 2011 2:12 p.m. EDT
Raeford, N.C. — An 11-year-old student has been charged with making a bomb threat against Rockfish Elementary School in Raeford last week, authorities said Monday.
The student was arrested at school last Wednesday, two days after someone called the Rockfish Elementary office and stated, "There's a bomb. Let the kids go," authorities said.
Students were taken out of school, and Hoke County deputies searched the building but found no bomb, authorities said.
A juvenile petition was filed, charging the student with making a false bomb report. The student was released into the custody of his mother.