Two proposals on the table would lower the posted speed limit on five streets from 35 mph to 25 or 20 mph.
The affected streets would be:
- Caine Street, from Union Street to St. Mary’s Road
- Mitchell Street, from Corbin Street to Queen Street
- Cameron Street, from Corbin Street to King Street
- East Corbin Street, from Churton Street to the town limit
- East Tryon Street, from Churton Street to St. Mary’s Road
The board will discuss the issue during a meeting at 7 p.m. in the Town Barn, located in the Town Hall complex at 101 E. Orange St.
Copyright 2024 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.