Here's how to pick up actual, real library books in Wake, Durham and Chapel Hill
Starting this week, three local library systems are launching curbside services so you can check out actual books from the library.Posted — Updated
Here's how to pick up actual, real library books in Wake, Durham and Chapel Hill.
Wake County Public Libraries Curbside Service
- Cameron Village Regional Library
- Cary Regional Library
- East Regional Library
- Middle Creek Community Library
- North Regional Library
- Northeast Regional Library
- Southeast Regional Library
- West Regional Library
Here's how it works ...
To collect your reserved books, you will receive an email notification from the library with instructions on making an appointment between the hours of 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Durham County Library Curbside Service
Durham's Library Take-Out program started June 16. Now, Durham library patrons can log in to their account online or call 919-560-0103 to place a hold on books and audiovisual material for pickup at the library, according to the library. The phone line is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Here's how it works, according to the library:
- Once customers’ items are ready, they will be asked to set up a pickup time through the online reservation system or by calling 919-560-0103.
- Five items can be reserved per library card for each pickup.
- During customers’ 15 minute reservation time, their items will be in the library lobby.
- If a customer misses their reservation time, they will have 24 hours to reschedule.
- Customers will be asked to show their library card information or ID.
- As part of new safety measures, customers will be required to wear a cloth face covering in the lobby and wait their turn outside the library at least six feet apart. Only one customer will be allowed in the lobby at a time.
Chapel Hill Public Library Curbside Service
According to its website, here's how it works:
- Holds are limited to 10 items at a time
- You'll receive an email when your materials are ready.
- You'll have seven days to get to the library and collect your items. You can just drive up and call 919-932-2942 to let library staff now you've arrived.
- Staff will bring materials to a table at the curb.
The service is not offered on Wednesdays when the library hosts food bank distributions.
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.