Here's how to get your Girl Scout cookie fix in 2021
Posted January 14, 2021 11:19 a.m. EST
Here's some good news during a challenging time: You will be able to get your Girl Scout cookie fix this year.
Local Girl Scouts will launch cookie sales on Saturday, Jan. 16, with some innovative, contact-free sales initiatives to ensure everybody can get a Thin Mint (or 10 boxes), according to a press release from Girl Scouts - North Carolina Coastal Pines, which reaches more than 26,000 girls in central and eastern North Carolina.
“The Girl Scout Cookie Program is a long-cherished tradition among Girl Scouts and cookie customers, and it is sure to bring moments of joy during this time of uncertainty,” said Lisa Jones, Chief Executive Officer of GS-NCCP, in the release. “We are excited to support our girls as they learn important skills like goal setting and business ethics while earning proceeds for their troop.”
So here's how to get your cookies, according to the release:
- If you know a registered Girl Scout, reach out to her to find out how she’s selling cookies in ways that meet local and state safety protocols.
- If you don’t know a Girl Scout, visit www.girlscoutcookies.org, text COOKIES to 59618 (message and data rates may apply. Text STOPGS for STOP, HELPGS for help), or use the official Girl Scout Cookie Finder app for free on iOS or Android devices to find socially distant or contact-free cookie booths if they are available in your area.
- Grubhub, the food ordering and delivery platform, is teaming up with the Girl Scouts to help. Customers in Raleigh, Fayetteville, Wilmington and Greenville can order cookies through the app for pickup or delivery. Visit www.grubhub.com/food/girl_scouts to order via contact-free delivery from Grubhub.
- Some businesses are opening space outside their retail locations for Girl Scouts to sell cookies in a safe and socially distant manner, when allowed by local COVID-19 guidelines. Find cookie booths near you using our Cookie Booth Finder.
- Beginning Feb. 1, enter your zip code into the Girl Scout Cookie Finder at www.girlscoutcookies.org to purchase from a local Girl Scout troop online for shipment to your door or to donate cookies to first responders and local causes.
The 2021 Girl Scout Cookie Program will run from Jan. 16 to March 7. Old favorites are back, including Thin Mints, Peanut Butter Patties, Shortbread and Caramel deLites. And there's a new option: Toast-Yay!, a French toast-inspired cookie that's dipped in icing.