Healthy Recipe: Breakfast Quesadilla from The Duke Diet
Posted January 3, 2011 8:18 p.m. EST
Try this healthy recipe that will get anybody's morning off to the right start. It's comes from The Duke Diet, the world-renowned program for healthy and lasting weight loss developed by experts at Duke University.
- 6 small to medium tortillas
- 6 oz low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- 1½ cups egg beaters, or other egg substitute
- 2 Tbsp jalapeno chili peppers, diced
- 4 Tbsp cilantro
1. Warm flour tortillas on grill.
2. Sprinkle each tortilla with 1 ounce grated cheese.
3. Separately, scramble egg beaters with jalapenos.
4. Spread ¼ cup egg beaters over tortilla and close in half.
5. Cut into four triangles.
6. Garnish with cilantro. Serve warm with salsa and guacamole.
Nutrition Analysis per Serving
Carbohydrate: 21 g
Protein: 18 g
Fat: 7 g
Food Groups: 1½ starch, 2 protein
Check Duke Diet & Fitness Center's website for more about the programs there. And check back here on Go Ask Mom each day this week for a healthy recipe.