Healthy Recipe: Breakfast Quesadilla from The Duke Diet
This healthy recipe for a satisfying breakfast comes from The Duke Diet book.
Posted — Updated
By Duke Medicine
Try this healthy recipe that will get anybody's morning off to the right start. It's comes from The Duke Diet, the world-renowned program for healthy and lasting weight loss developed by experts at Duke University.
6 small to medium tortillas
6 oz low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
1½ cups egg beaters, or other egg substitute
2 Tbsp jalapeno chili peppers, diced
4 Tbsp cilantro
1. Warm flour tortillas on grill.
2. Sprinkle each tortilla with 1 ounce grated cheese.
3. Separately, scramble egg beaters with jalapenos.
4. Spread ¼ cup egg beaters over tortilla and close in half.
5. Cut into four triangles.
6. Garnish with cilantro. Serve warm with salsa and guacamole.