Local News

Harrison Motel fire ruled accidental

A fire that damaged the Harrison Motel at 607 E Chatham St. in downtown Cary was ruled accidental by the fire department, officials said Monday.

Posted Updated

CARY, N.C. — A fire that damaged the Harrison Motel at 607 E Chatham St. in downtown Cary was ruled accidental by the fire department, officials said Monday.

The fire started just after 6 p.m. Friday and spread through the three-building complex.

The fire originated in a kitchen of one of the units, officials said.

One six-unit building was heavily damaged by the fire. Its occupants have since been relocated to other units on the property, officials said.

No injuries were reported.

Image
1 / 2

Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.