Local News

Goldsboro Wal-Mart Catches Fire

Two employees were taken to a hospital Tuesday after a fire started in a clothing department at a Goldsboro Wal-Mart.

Posted Updated

GOLDSBORO — Two employees were taken to a hospital Tuesday after a fire started in a clothing department at a Goldsboro Wal-Mart.

One employee was treated for smoke inhalation, and the other suffered chest pains, authorities said. There was no word on their conditions. Customers said they were forced to leave as smoke filled the store.

The cause of the fire, which started around 11:30 p.m. at the store on North Spence Avenue, was under investigation.

ImageFeedback