Goldsboro felon faces DWI, larceny, drug, gun charges
Goldsboro police arrested a convicted felon early Friday after he allegedly drove while intoxicated, ran from police and was found to be in possession of a stolen semi-automatic handgun.
Officers reported seeing Dennis Jones, 41, of 205 E. Holly St., drive through an intersection without stopping. When they attempted to pull over his vehicle, Jones drove onto a person's yard on W. Holly Street and ran, according to a police news release.
Officers caught him after a short foot chase and discovered that he was not licensed to drive and was possibly intoxicated, according to police.
Officers also found a loaded semi-automatic handgun under the seat of the car, which owner April Braswell reported as stolen a short time later.
Police charged Jones with:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Driving while license revoked
- Carrying a concealed weapon
- Possession of a handgun by a convicted felon
- Possession of a stolen handgun
- Larceny of a firearm
- Breaking and entering a motor vehicle
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Six orders for arrest for failure to appear
Jones' criminal record dates to 1993 and includes multiple convictions for selling drugs, preparation to commit burglary, assault on a policeman and forger, according to state Department of Correction records.