Go Ask Mom is at North Hills today!
Posted April 17, 2012 7:02 a.m. EDT
Updated April 17, 2012 3:54 p.m. EDT
It's here! Go Ask Mom's first event of the season is from 9 a.m . to 1 p.m. today at Raleigh's North Hills.
We'll have fun activities all day for kids and their families, including a fire truck, the Chick-fil-A cow, free child IDs, a kitchen science craft from Lil' Chef, a free Stroller Strides class and more. North Hills will pull out its big foam blocks for the kids to play with as part of its weekday North Hills Kids series.
All morning, we'll be collecting birthday party kits - comprised of a box of cake mix, canned frosting and birthday candles - to donate to Inter-Faith Food Shuttle. The kits will go to needy families in the community who can't afford a birthday cake for their child. We'll also have paper and other supplies for kids to make a card to include with the kit.
Here's the schedule of events:
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., the Wake County Sheriff's Office will provide free child IDs. To cut down on long lines, we will have a sign up sheet in the child ID tent so you can sign up, play and return to the tent at your allotted half hour.
- 9 a.m., free Stroller Strides class. This is a great workout for moms and their stroller-riding tots and designed for all fitness levels. If it's your first Stroller Strides class, get there about 10 minutes early so you can sign in. The class begins next to the movie theater across from the Commons.
- 10 a.m. to noon, free kitchen science activity from our friends over at Lil' Chef, the cooking studio for kids and teens at North Hills.
- 10:30 a.m. to noon, a visit from First-In Fire Company's fire truck.
- 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., a visit from the Chick-fil-A cow.
You'll find us in the Commons next to Starbucks and Ben & Jerry's. Check the box above for more details about the businesses that are participating. I hope to see you there!