Gas leak causes evacuation on Bledsoe Avenue in Raleigh
Police on Saturday morning evacuated a Shaw University classroom building and 10 homes in an area surrounding the 100 block of Bledsoe Avenue in downtown Raleigh due to a gas leak.Posted — Updated
Police said the gas leak occurred shortly before 9 a.m. while crews were cleaning a sewage line near South Wilmington Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard. The leak was capped off just before noon, police said.
No injuries were reported and everyone was allowed back inside early Saturday afternoon.
Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.