Free child IDs, workout, kids fitness class, cooking craft, more at Go Ask Mom event Wednesday
Posted June 12, 2011 9:00 p.m. EDT
We're gearing up for Go Ask Mom's event at North Hills Kids from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday! Can't believe we're just a couple of days away.
We'll be under the tents in North Hills' Commons area right next to Starbucks and Ben & Jerry's. We have a whole host of events planned for the morning to keep you and your kids busy. I always meet some great moms at these events. It's a great opportunity to meet some moms and chat too. Click here to see some scenes from our event in April.
Here's what we have planned:
- The usual fun of North Hills Kids! North Hills will bring out their giant foam blocks, which kids love to climb on and build with.
- A free Stroller Strides workout class at 9 a.m. The class is designed for moms of all fitness levels and their stroller-riding kids. A great workout and fun for your kids too. Missy Currin, Stroller Strides - Midtown Raleigh's owner, incorporates rhymes and songs for the kids as part of the workout.
- A free Amazing Athletes class at 9 a.m. Best for kids ages 2 1/2 to 6 years, the program offers sports and fitness instruction. Kids will learn all about volleyball and tennis in this class, which runs between 35 and 45 minutes. Click here to see my earlier post and video about the program and what it's all about.
- Free child IDs provided by the Wake County Sheriff's Office. This was really popular at our event in April. Karen T. Muhammad, a master deputy sheriff in the crime prevention unit, will be back offering the IDs, which will have your child's photo and vital information on it. She will be there from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- A free snack/craft from Lil' Chef, the Raleigh-based cooking studio for kids. Lil' Chef will be opening in North Hills in the fall. They'll be out from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. with a fun craft that kids can eat. See my earlier post for more about Lil' Chef.
- The Chick-fil-A cow will make his appearance starting at 9:45 a.m. Always a popular visitor!
- Mix 101.5 WRAL-FM will be there all morning with giveaways. And Lynda Loveland, co-host of the station's Bill & Lynda in the Morning and a Go Ask Mom blogger, will be there after 11 a.m.
- I'll have a contest for two family four packs of tickets to the Museum of Life and Science's Dino Days in July.
- Plus, we'll have more snacks, crafts and giveaways.
And in addition to all of this, North Hills Stadium 14 movie theater's summer movie express series begins this week (as do most of the other summer series at area movie theaters in the area). Movies are scheduled for 10 a.m. Tuesday and Wednesday at North Hills. Tickets are only $1. So see a movie and come out and see us!
So tell your friends and bring your kids! I hope to see you there!
North Hills is in Raleigh right next to the Beltline and Six Forks Road.