Four people displaced after Raleigh duplex fire
Posted June 21, 2009 2:05 p.m. EDT
Updated June 21, 2009 8:55 p.m. EDT
Raleigh, N.C. — Four people were displaced Sunday after a fire at 2236 Persimmon Ridge Drive in North Raleigh.
Dispatchers said that calls about the fire in the Hedingham golf course subdivision came in shortly before noon. Firefighters said heavy smoke was pouring out of duplex when they arrived.
An overloaded circuit in the garage most likely started the fire, investigators said.
The duplex and two adjacent units were damaged.
There were no injuries.