Local News

Four charged in Durham shooting

Posted February 17, 2009 11:53 a.m. EST

— Police have charged four men with a shooting last week at a bus stop.

A 19-year-old told officers he was near the bus stop on Cook Road near Tripoli Drive when four men drove up in a car. One got out, demanded money and chased the teen before shooting him in the back, police said.

The victim, whose name hasn't been released, remains hospitalized at Duke University Hospital.

James Williams, 18, of South Alston Avenue, Mario Melvin, 17, of Glenbrook Drive, and Andre Bond Jr., 18, of Glenbrook Drive, were arrested Monday and charged with attempted murder in the shooting. All were being held Tuesday in the Durham County Jail under $1 million bonds.

Rodney Oldham, 18, was picked up by his probation officer Tuesday and taken into custody on an attempted murder charge, police said.