Fort Bragg lists sequester-related cuts
Posted June 25, 2013 3:02 p.m. EDT
Updated July 2, 2013 9:38 p.m. EDT
Fort Bragg, N.C. — Pharmacies. medical and dental clinics that serve a military population will see reduced hours through the summer, a cost savings imposed by the federal budget cuts known as the sequester.
Six outlying clinics of Womack Army Medical Center will be closed on Fridays from July 8 to Sept. 30. They are: Clark Health Clinic, Joel Health and Dental Clinic, Robinson Health Clinic, Troop and Family Medical Clinic, Fayetteville Medical Home and Hope Mills Medical Home.
Fort Bragg dental clinics will be closed Fridays from July 12 through Sept. 30. Dental emergencies will be treated at Davis and Laflamme Dental Clinics on those days.
Three pharmacies, Womack Army Medical Center Main Outpatient Pharmacy, Refill Distribution Center Pharmacy and the Post Exchange Pharmacy will see additional limitations. The main outpatient pharmacy will be closed on Sundays; the refill distribution center on Saturdays after noon and the P/X pharmacy from 1 to 2 p.m. beginning July 8.
The cuts will be most in evidence on Fridays from July 12 through Sept. 30, when the following services will be curtailed:
- Army Community Services
- Soldier and Family Assistance Center
- Drug Testing
- Army Substance Abuse Prevention Centers
- Military Personnel Office (Including official passports)
- Identification Card Center
- Department of Defense Schools (Five days of teacher furlough beginning in August)
- Housing Referral and Residential Communities Initiative offices
- DA photo lab
- Training Support Center
- Force Modernization office
- Classified Material Destruction Facility
- Flight Simulators
- Visual Information and Multimedia
- Garrison Command and Business offices
- Stray Animal Facility
- Throckmorton Library
- Central Vehicle Wash Facility
- Non-housing trash collection and landfill operations
- Call-for- Fire Trainers
- Soldier Readiness Center
- Pest Management
- Recycling Operations
- Range Operations, scheduling and maintenance
- Custodial services in garrison facilities
- Facility Maintenance response
- Post-wide Police Call (in grounds)
In addition, Simmons and MacKall Army airfields will be closed each week Friday through Sunday; the installation shuttle will run on a reduced schedule and commissaries will be closed on Mondays.