Fire marshal: Dryer caused Chapel Hill apartment fire
Investigators determined that a dryer caused a an early morning fire at an apartment building at 425 Hillsborough St. Sunday.Posted — Updated
A resident who lives above the laundry in Apartment Building 13 smelled smoke and heard an odd noise, then called 911 shortly before 2 a.m., according to a report by Assistant Fire Marshal Dace Bergen.
About 17 firefighters evacuated residents from the building and extinguished the fire in about 5 minutes, the report says. Orange County EMS and Chapel Hill police also responded.
The fire caused an estimated $3,000 worth of damage. No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.