Fire forces evacuation at Raleigh plant
Posted March 10, 2009 11:17 p.m. EDT
Updated March 11, 2009 3:41 p.m. EDT
Raleigh, N.C. — A fire at Evergreen Packaging Inc., 2215 S. Wilmington St., Tuesday night was caused by overheated equipment, Raleigh fire officials said.
One of the fan's engines overheated causing the fire around 6:45 p.m. Tuesday. About 70 workers were evacuated from the building.
The fire was quickly contained. There was minimum water damage and no injuries.
The plant manufactures cardboard containers.
Evergreen Packaging is owned by International Paper.