Local News

Fire damages Raleigh sushi restaurant

Posted May 8, 2013 5:23 a.m. EDT
Updated May 8, 2013 12:01 p.m. EDT

— A fire that started in the kitchen damaged about 50 percent of a sushi restaurant in Raleigh's Cameron Village Shopping Center early Wednesday, authorities said. 

Crews responded to Sushi Gami, at 427 Woodburn Road, about 2 a.m. and quickly contained the fire to the kitchen. Other parts of the restaurant were damaged by water. 

No other nearby businesses were damaged, and no injuries were reported.

The Raleigh Fire Department said the fire was an accident.