Fire burns Carthage strip mall
A fire heavily damaged a strip mall in Carthage early Friday, Moore County emergency dispatchers said.Posted — Updated
CARTHAGE, N.C. — A fire heavily damaged a strip mall in Carthage early Friday, Moore County emergency dispatchers said.
The fire broke out at 405 Monroe St. around 12:45 a.m., and crews from 15 fire departments labored to bring it under control, dispatchers said. No one was injured.
Fire officials said that a 7-year-old brick addition to the strip mall was destroyed. It housed a heating and air conditioning business. The original building was partially damaged.
The cause of the fire hasn't been determined. Fire officials said they called in the State Bureau of Investigation to help, following standard procedure.
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.