Fire breaks out at Blue Ridge Health in Raleigh
Posted April 2, 2011 5:04 p.m. EDT
Updated April 3, 2011 8:28 a.m. EDT
Raleigh, N.C. — A fire in a laundry room at an assisted living center in Raleigh closed eight blocks of Blue Ridge Road in Raleigh for about an hour Saturday afternoon as crews battled the blaze.
The laundry facility is in a separate building from the residences at Blue Ridge Health, 3830 Blue Ridge Road, authorities said.
No one was injured or evacuated, but 40 to 50 residents were moved to a different part of the building.
Crews extinguished the fire in about 20 minutes.