Local News

Fire at rental house displaces four

An accidental cooking fire injured a woman and damaged nearly half of a rental house on Pittsford Road Saturday afternoon, according to the Raleigh Fire Department.

Posted Updated
Switch to classic wral.com

RALEIGH, N.C. — An accidental cooking fire injured a woman and damaged nearly half of a rental house on Pittsford Road Saturday afternoon, according to the Raleigh Fire Department.

Heavy smoke was coming from the one-story, brick ranch home at 4212 Pittsford Road when firefighters arrived shortly after noon, the incident report says. Approximately 20 firefighters brought the blaze under control in about a half-hour.

Fire investigator Lt. Grant Williams said that a woman in her early 30s suffered minor, first-degree burns on her hand. She was treated at WakeMed.

A man in his early 30s was also transported to WakeMed as a precaution, Williams said.

The fire damaged 45 percent of the house and displaced four people who lived there, according to the report.

Copyright 2022 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

ImageFeedback