Local News

Fire at Raleigh duplex displaces two families

Posted March 16, 2012 5:51 a.m. EDT
Updated March 16, 2012 6:25 a.m. EDT

— Two Raleigh families were displaced from a duplex on Arckelton Drive early Friday after fire ripped through the building, authorities said. 

Investigators believe the fire, which started around 2 a.m. at 4016 Arckelton Drive, was caused by a cigarette. As many as 30 firefighters responded to the call. 

In total, seven people were forced from the duplex, but nobody was injured.

Red Cross officials were called in to assist the families. No other information was released.