Find rubber mat surfacing at these Cary playgrounds
Posted November 9, 2010 7:25 p.m. EST
And in the next installment in our series on playgrounds with rubber mats, here's where to find them in Cary. I'm talking about those springy surfaces under slides, swings and monkey bars in place of sand or mulch.
Cary started using using them in 2003, Doug McRainey, the town's parks planning manager tells me. And while the town has no formal policy, officials decided internally about two years ago that they would try to replace most of the play areas with the material, which helps make playgrounds more accessible.
These parks have play areas with complete rubberized surfacing:
- Urban Park, 414 E. Chatham St.
- Ritter Park, 301 Lochmere Dr. West. See the review.
- McDonald Woods Park, 1601 Seabrook Ave.
- Walnut Street Park, 1420 Walnut St.
- Middle Creek Park, 151 Middle Creek Park Ave.
These parks have a partial rubberized surfacing:
- North Cary, 1100 Norwell Blvd.
- Green Hope Elementary, 2700 Louis Stephens Rd.
- Marla Dorrel - Kids Together Playground, 111 Thurston Dr. See the review.