Fayette-Mom: Amid the holiday rush, some laughter
I don't know about you, but last week chewed me up and spit me out. For all the vows I made to not let the holidays get me stressed, I am not off to a great start.Posted — Updated
While I try to get myself in order, I offer you the things that made laugh this week, when I remembered to remember them:
- My 5-year-old son told me, in all seriousness, that “Daddy is in charge of the house”. (My husband couldn’t be more proud).
- My 6-year-old daughter asked me yesterday, “Mom, when are you going to clean this house up?” (Do I sense a theme here????)
- I found out Saturday morning that my daughter had agreed to go to a birthday party Saturday afternoon (there were some tears mixed with that laughter, especially because I had just returned from Wal-Mart when I heard this news and knew that I would now have to go back for a gift).
- I don’t care if your kids are 2-years-old or 10, the minute they know you are in the bathroom, with the door closed, they are determined to see you, no matter what.
- The grandparents were asking for simple Christmas gift ideas for the children. My daughter offered only one suggestion: a complicated Barbie nail salon toy that I later found out cost more than my utility bill last month.
- Both of my kids cried, (CRIED!) when I had to turn in my minivan for body work this week. Boy, will I use that against them when they are teenagers.
Now, I’m off to more Thanksgiving programs at school, more potluck meals to attend, more…..more….more.