It's almost here! This year's first Go Ask Mom event at North Hills Kids is from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Wednesday.
But wait! There's more planned for Wednesday! I've added a couple of more details since I last wrote about it. So I'll start with those first. Here goes ...
- The Chick-fil-A cow will be there from 10:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. with cow hats for the kids. He was a big deal last year when he stopped by our event.
- I'll have coupons to REI, while supplies last, plus a contest for two kids backpacks and two kids stainless steel water bottles, thanks to REI, a North Hills merchant.
- Lynda Loveland, Go Ask Mom blogger and co-host of Mix 101.5 WRAL-FM's Bill & Lynda in the Morning, will stop by around 11 a.m.
- Stroller Strides - Midtown Raleigh will provide a free Stroller Strides workout class at 10 a.m. This class is great for moms with stroller-riding kids. It's a good workout and designed for people of all fitness levels. In fact, Stroller Strides will be offering free classes all week at locations across Wake County. Click here for details.
- We'll have a contest for two family four packs to the Magic Wings Festival at the Museum of Life and Science in Durham. This annual festival, a popular one at the museum, is May 21.
- Master Deputy Sheriff Karen T. Muhammad with the Wake County Sheriff's Office will be on hand with her cruiser for kids to see. She also will be offering parents free child identification cards, which record your child's vital information. She'll be there from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Read more about the IDs in my earlier post.
- I'll have free snacks - juice boxes, water, Goldfish, fruit snacks and bananas - while supplies last.
- And we'll have some sticker crafts and coloring pages to keep the kids busy. They're welcome to get crafty there or take it all home in a bag.
So call your friends, alert your playgroup. I'd love to see you there!
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.