Eight men facing charges related to weekend protests, riots in Fayetteville
Posted June 5, 2020 10:46 p.m. EDT
Eight men have been arrested and are facing charges connected to last weekend's crimes during protests and riots in Fayetteville.
The arrests came as protesters took to the streets in the wake of the death of George Floyd. The Market Place was damaged along with looting in some businesses. Earlier Friday, Charles Anthony Pittman was arrested and charged after police said he set the historic Market House on fire.
Two people were arrested as a result of the break-in which occurred at 300 Cross Creek Mall (JC Penney). Both were charged with breaking and entering.
- Dmaggio Lawler (B/M, 22 y/o) of Fayetteville $10,000 unsecured bond
- Darrius Walker (B/M, 24 y/o) of Fayetteville $10,000 unsecured bond
Two were arrested in downtown Fayetteville for failure to disperse.
- Frank Watson Thompson II (B/M, 38 y/o) of Fayetteville $500 unsecured bond
- Jefferson Tremaine James (B/M, 40 y/o) of Fayetteville $500 unsecured bond
One was arrested and released with a state citation for failure to disperse.
- Khiry Jamar Faulkner (B/M 29 y/o) of Fayetteville, released with citation
One was arrested for defacing public property, and trespassing (spray painting the Market House).
- James Seagraves (B/M, 24 y/o) of Fayetteville $5,000 secured bond
Breaking into ABC Store at 150-116 Francam Drive (Felony Breaking and entering, Larceny after B/E, possession of stolen goods, and Felony Conspiracy. Also Charged with breaking into ABC Store at 2820 Ramsey St (same date, same charges).
- Kela Wilson (B/M, 21 y/o) of Fayetteville $13,000 unsecured bond
3060 Owen Drive (Chrome Motor Sports) Charged with Attempted Breaking and Entering of a business, Contributing to the Delinquency of a Juvenile, and Curfew violation. He was apprehended with 3 Juveniles at the time of the arrest.
- Kendrick Donte Morgan (B/M, 24 y.o.) of Fayetteville $15,000 unsecured bond