Durham school evacuated due to gas leak
Posted June 3, 2009 3:03 p.m. EDT
Updated June 3, 2009 3:58 p.m. EDT
Durham, N.C. — C.C. Spaulding Elementary School in Durham was evacuated Wednesday afternoon after a natural gas leak at the school, Durham Public Schools spokesman Michael Yarbrough said.
All students safely exited from the school, located at 1531 Roxboro Road, he said.
Parents were asked to pick up their children at the Lawson Street entrance at the new wing of the school.
The leak was stopped. Officials said it was unclear was caused it.