Durham Raid Yields Evidence of Illegal Lottery
Posted March 31, 2008 12:54 p.m. EDT
Updated April 2, 2008 3:49 p.m. EDT
Durham, N.C. — Durham Police and Durham County ABC Police raided a home Saturday night and recovered drugs, weapons, liquor and illegal lottery tickets.
Approximately 40 people were present in the home at 3017 Fayetteville St. at the time of the raid. Eight were arrested.
Officers seized two shotguns, marijuana, cocaine, Hydrocodone (Vicodin), drug paraphernalia, approximately 25 bottles of liquor, 122 bottles and cans of beer, $224 in cash and 11 sheets of illegal ball tickets.
The following people are under arrest:
- Richard Anthony Curtin, of Whippoorwill Street, and Robert Alexander Belcher, of Amber Place, were charged with possession of powder cocaine.
- Michelle Satterfield, of Troy Street, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Wanda Williams Quick, of East Pilot Street, was charged with possession of illegal ball tickets
- Shirley Asher, of Junction Road, was charged with possession of illegal ball tickets, acting as an agent for an illegal lottery and dealing in lotteries.
- Arthur Yancey McKenzie, 59, of Elmira Avenue, was charged with trafficking in Schedule 1 drugs, operating a lottery, possession of lottery tickets, selling lottery tickets and possessing/selling alcohol without a permit.
Orders for arrest were also issued for Janice Yvette Green, of South Alston Avenue, and Ancie Howard Allen, of Dearborn Drive.