Durham man charged in seven armed robberies
Posted October 12, 2009 8:24 p.m. EDT
Durham, N.C. — A Durham man faces has been charged with committing or attempting to commit seven armed robberies within a one-month period.
Mackenzie Nathaniel Brunson, 19, of Mahala Drive, was arrested on Oct. 3 in the attempted robbery of the Town ‘N Country convenience store at 1423 East Club Blvd.
Officers said Brunson attempted to rob the store with a BB gun.
Brunson was charged with attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon and was taken to the Durham County jail.
Investigators later charged Brunson with the Oct. 1 armed robbery of the same Town ‘N Country. He was also charged with the following armed robberies:
- Sept. 30 – Subway, 3500 North Roxboro Road
- Sept. 27 – BP, 2211 North Roxboro Road
- Sept. 22 – BP, 2211 North Roxboro Road
- Sept. 14 – Subway, 3500 North Roxboro Road
- Sept. 8 – attempted robbery of two people in the parking lot of Town ‘n Country, 1423 East Club Blvd.
Brunson was being held Monday under a $1,050,000 bond at the Durham County jail.