Durham man arrested on assault charges
Posted May 11, 2010 5:13 p.m. EDT
Durham, N.C. — A Durham man accused of shooting a woman during a domestic dispute last month surrendered to police on Monday.
Kelvin Maurice Evans, 24, of Oakwood Avenue, is charged with choking a 19-year-old woman and firing a shot at her inside a car on Steadman Street on April 25, Durham police said.
Police said the gunshot grazed the woman's forehead. She was treated for her injuries at Durham Regional Hospital.
Evans faces charges of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury, assault on a female, second-degree kidnapping, assault by pointing a gun and discharging a firearm within the city limits.
Evans was being held without bond in the Durham County jail on Tuesday.